Google Hangouts vs. Skype

Communicating with my friends all over the world and being able to be in contact with a person via video chats is a really useful and important life-facilitation for me.
Skype was always a really comfortable tool for me to contact my friends but nonetheless I recognized that the video-chat program exhibits some difficulties if you want to set up a group-conversation with more than one contact-person. The images of the other persons become blurred and even sometimes get entangled in frozen positions.
After talking to some friends and professors at my university I heard many times of the great quality of
Google Hangouts if you want to talk to more than one person.
Although I already used Skype for many years I became curious what Google Hangouts had to offer and if there were any differences.
However,in order to start with Google Hangouts you have to create a Google + account and then can easily start a video-chat.
After creating a Google + account I invited some of my friends and established a ''circle'' (closed group) with four of them. During our video-chat, the person who talked was shifted to the mainframe in order that everybody could see him better. But we did not have any complications with blurred images or voices and the conversation proceeded in an easy and comfortable way.
If you compare it to Skype, we probably would have to disconnect the option of seeing the other's images in order to have a better connection.
So all in all I need to admit that Google Hangouts offers a better system for bigger video-chats.
The limit of these circles are 10 people.
I will still use Skype for one-to-one video chats, but if there are more than two or three people who want to participate in the chat I would definitely recommend to use Google Hangouts.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen